Have you ever felt like the mom you are is very different from the mom you thought you’d be… from the mom you want to be?
Motherhood seemed so much easier before I had kids but it didn’t take long to realize that although being a mom is the biggest blessing on the planet, motherhood is messy and harder than I ever thought it could be.
So, how can you become the mom you long to be… not a perfect mom, but a mom that is the best mom she can be?
It’s about knowing Christ, embracing your own uniqueness as well as your child’s, embracing your God-given role with passion and persistence, and discovering how to parent on purpose using a biblical foundation for intentional parenting.
To become the mom you want to be, you…
1. Don’t go it alone
2. Embrace the fact that God created you and your children on purpose and for a purpose
3. Understand having children means your life is no longer just about you
4. Discover loving your children well is more than butterfly kisses and overwhelming emotions
5. Give your children the attention they need without making them think the world revolves around them
6. Wield your words well and consistently speak life into your children’s lives
7. Instill character not only by what you say and how you teach them, but most importantly, by how you live
8. Overcome the tendency to be overwhelmed, don’t dare compare, and understand that there are no cookie cutter moms, or cookie cutter kids or cookie cutter solutions… and there is no such thing as a Pinterest perfect mom
9. Parent on purpose and live intentionally not randomly or reactionary
10. Choose the imprints you leave on your children’s heart, on your husband’s heart and on the heart of your home
11. Remember, motherhood lasts a lifetime and that you never stop being a mom no matter how old you or your children are
12. Fight for your family foremost from your knees
More often than not, the mom we are doesn’t look like the mom we want to be and we spend our whole journey as a mom trying to get to where we wanted to be in the first place.
My motherhood journey was like a messy experiment and my kids were the Guinea pigs… I wrote The Making of a Mom so yours wouldn’t have to be. The list above highlights each chapter of The Making of a Mom to give you the tools I wish I would have had when my children were young.
I wasn’t the perfect mom and I didn’t do everything right. The Making of a Mom wasn’t written by someone who successfully navigated every area of motherhood and did everything right.
It was written by someone who learned a few things along the way… more often than not from her failures as well as some of her successes. And the 12 keys listed above will help you become a more intentional, more determined mom to those precious children God has gifted you with.
They are looking to you, sweet mom. Be the best mom you can be… be the mom you long to be today!
If you’d like to know more about how you can begin a M.O.M. Group to help other moms become the moms they long to be, click here and get started today! If you’d like to join the MILLION MOMS community and connect with a M.O.M. Group in your area, or help us start one in your area, please click here.
If you’d like to learn how to start a M.O.M. Group in your area and you wonder what it might look like, CLICK HERE.
DO YOU STRUGGLE WITH WISHING YOU WERE THE MOM YOU LONG TO BE INSTEAD OF THE MOM YOU ARE RIGHT NOW?
Latest posts by Stephanie Shott (see all)
- Find the Help You’re Looking for Here - December 28, 2016
- Ch…ch…ch…CHANGES Are Coming in 2017 for TMI - December 27, 2016
- What New Thing Are You Ready to See God Do in Your Life in 2017? - December 26, 2016