YOU CAN GET OVERWHELMED FREE BY SUBSCRIBING TO OUR WEBSITE. IT’S OUR GIFT TO YOU…THE OVERWHELMED MOM.
But it is also our gift to the body of Christ in our quest to help the church of the Living God make mentoring intentionally missional.
You can join others around the world and begin A M.O.M. Initiative Mentor Group in your area and use Overwhelmed as a FREE resource to mentor another mother.
NOW, more than ever, moms need mentoring mommas who are willing to share the gift of themselves!
JOIN THE REVOLUTION
OF WOMEN WHO ARE READY AND WILLING TO
MAKE MENTORING INTENTIONALLY MISSIONAL
AND IMPACT THEIR COMMUNITY AND THIS CULTURE
BEGIN a M.O.M. Initiative Mentor Group in your area and begin to change the world, one mom at a time!
We have provided a 6 week experience with 31 stories from real moms who have walked in the shoes of the overwhelmed mom and found hope, healing and victory through walking with God and applying biblical truths to everyday life.
In Overwhelmed ~ 31 Stories from M.O.M., they share their stories.
Overwhelmed is coming out on January 7th and it is our gift to the body of Christ…a FREE resource to help you begin or expand your mentoring ministry. Like Facing Our Fears ~ 31 Stories from M.O.M., Overwhelmed gives mentors the tools, the confidence and the support they need to boldly step into their Titus 2 shoes and nurture those mentor/mentee relationships.
THIS IS OUR GENERATION to make a difference for such a time as this.
The M.O.M. Initiative is here for you. To be a “mentoring hub” of sorts. A place where mentors can find resources and support and share their information, so that young moms in search of a mentor can find a mentor in their area, as well as the support and encouragement they need.
NOW IS THE TIME! WILL YOU JOIN THE REVOLUTION OF WOMEN WHO ARE WILLING AND READY TO PUT THEMSELVES OUT THERE AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
SIGN UP TODAY and you will receive Overwhelmed ~ 31 Stories from M.O.M. when it comes out on January 7th.
In Overwhelmed, each story includes reflective questions specifically designed to serve as conversation prompts and help foster the mentor/mentee relationship as you navigate the life of an overwhelmed mom together.
Here’s a brief look at what a mentoring ministry might look like for you:
- Schedule a time and place to meet weekly for six weeks.
- You and the mentee(s) will read through 5 stories and be prepared when you meet together each week.
- As a mentor, you can rest in knowing, this biblically-based resource includes questions at the end of each story that are specifically designed to be a catalyst for conversation. This will give you, as a mentor, the confidence to know you won’t have to worry about that awkward silence that would normally leave you scrambling for something to say.
- The questions are also written to help you, as a mentor, reflect on your own story and share your failures as well as your successes with the kind of sincere transparency that will assure your mentee that she is not alone and that her mentor isn’t Pinterest perfect either.
- Your time together is a tool to nurture a relationship that will hopefully last long past the book.
- IF POSSIBLE, BASED ON SKILLS, ABILITIES AND LOGISTICS, PLEASE INCORPORATE VARIOUS PRACTICAL LESSONS TO ADD DEPTH TO YOUR TIME WITH YOUR MENTEE(S). (such as: sewing, cooking, baking, organizing, budgeting, computer basics, creating a resume, etc…) If you do so, you could spend 20-30 minutes on the skill and 40-45 minutes on Overwhelmed ~ 31 Stories from M.O.M. or Facing Our Fears ~ 31 Stories from M.O.M..
Need some ideas as to where you can become intentionally missional about mentoring?
Churches, para-minisitries, MOPS groups, MOMS Club International and individuals can use Overwhelmed as a mentoring tool to not only mentor moms within the church, but to go beyond her four walls and minister to moms in low income apartment complexes, neighborhoods, crisis pregnancy centers, homeless shelters, juvenile shelters and wherever moms can be found.
Latest posts by Stephanie Shott (see all)
- Find the Help You’re Looking for Here - December 28, 2016
- Ch…ch…ch…CHANGES Are Coming in 2017 for TMI - December 27, 2016
- What New Thing Are You Ready to See God Do in Your Life in 2017? - December 26, 2016