FACING OUR FEARS – 31 STORIES FROM M.O.M.
You sweet moms, step-moms, grandmothers and mentors know that The M.O.M. Initiative loves to highlight ministries and resources that minister to moms, mentors and the next generation. Today, we want to share with you a ministry founded by Pam Farrel and Doreen Hanna and an upcoming international prayer event that you can get involved in.
It’s called Save Our Girls and the International Prayer Event is October 17, 2012!
Today’s girls 12-‐22 are under so much pressure: fractured families, foundations of society cracked with immorality, a media broken and depraved, peers struggling to find a way with no inner compass—today’s girls need us! They need YOU!
Consider these statistics:
• One in three girls becomes pregnant before age 20.3.
• The median age at which young women have their first sexual experience is 17. 4.
• CDC reports 48% of teens have had sex at least once (CWA.org).
• One in four will contract a STD (sexually transmitted disease) before age 18.
• Forty percent of girls at a contraceptive clinic are there without their parents’ knowledge.
• One third of all teen pregnancies will end in an abortion.
• Nearly one-‐third of all juvenile arrests are girls, and one-‐third of all property crimes are perpetrated by girls.
• About one-‐quarter of all aggravated assaults are committed by girls.
• Girls are more likely to be violent at home, and the victim more than any other is her mother.
• Teenage girls are more likely to develop depression than teenage boys.
• Depression in girls might also extend to behaviors like cutting, anorexia, bulimia, and other self-‐destructive behaviors.
• Girls experiment with drugs and alcohol in higher numbers than boys.
From Raising a Modern Day Princess (Focus on the Family/Tyndale) by Pam Farrel and Doreen Hanna
Now, more than ever, this generation needs us to stand in the gap and lift them up in prayer. Now, more than ever, this generation needs us to live what we believe in front of them and let them see value in truth. I want to encourage you to pop over the SAVE OUR GIRLS website where you can find oodles of great information about how you can get involved and some wonderful FREE prayer resources like the one below:
31 Ways to Pray for our Youth:
1. Pray for a Spirit of REVERENCE The fear of the Lord Prov 9:10
2. Pray for a Spirit of HUMILITY A willingness to submit Eph 4:2
3. Pray for a Spirit of PURITY A desire to be clean Matt 5:8
4. Pray for a Spirit of PURPOSE The wisdom to set goals Prov 4:25-27
5. Pray for a Spirit of SIMPLICITY A life style uncluttered 1 Cor 14:40
6. Pray for a Spirit of COMMITMENT A dedication to the cause Josh 24:15
7. Pray for a Spirit of DILIGENCE A willingness to work hard Col 3:23
8. Pray for a Spirit of SERVANTHOOD A willingness to help others Gal 6:9-10
9. Pray for a Spirit of CONSTANCY The quality of faithfulness Ps 119:33
10. Pray for a Spirit of ASSURANCE A depth of faith 1 John 5:13
11. Pray for a Spirit of AVAILABILITY A readiness to go Isaiah 6:8
12. Pray for a Spirit of LOYALTY A zeal for fidelity Ruth 1:16
13. Pray for a Spirit of DISCERNMENT A perception of wrong Col 2:8
14. Pray for a Spirit of COMPASSION Love in action Col 3:2
15. Pray for a Spirit of THANKFULNESS A heart of gratitude Col 3:17
16. Pray for a Spirit of MATURITY The capacity to grow Heb 5:14
17. Pray for a Spirit of HOLINESS Christ like behavior Acts 24:16
18. Pray for a Spirit of RELIABILITY A depth of dependability 1 Cor 4:2
19. Pray for a Spirit of REVELATION To know God better Eph 1:17
20. Pray for a Spirit of DENIAL A sacrifice to surrender Luke 9:23
21. Pray for a Spirit of CONFIDENCE An assurance of competence Phil 4:13
22. Pray for a Spirit of INTEGRITY the quality of uprightness Rom 12:17
23. Pray for a Spirit of REPENTANCE A willingness to change Ezk 18:30b-31
24. Pray for a Spirit of TRUST A steadfast belief Psalm 125:1
25. Pray for a Spirit of SUBMISSION Choosing to yield 1Peter 2:13-14,17
26. Pray for a Spirit of TEACHABILITY Learning from others Prov 6:20
27. Pray for a Spirit of PRAYER being persistent Luke 18:1
28. Pray for a Spirit of UNITY a respect for others Ps 133:1
29. Pray for a Spirit of THRUTHFULNESS Delighting in honesty Prov 12:22
30. Pray for a Spirit of FORGIVENESS An ability to show grace Eph 4:32
31. Pray for a Spirit of GENEROSITY The desire to give Heb 13:16i
(Excerpt from Got Teens? (Harvest House) by Jill Savage and Pam Farrel
i. Adapted by Moms in Touch from Dick Eastman, President, Every Home For Christ, © 1988, Used by permission
To find out more about Save Our Girls, visit their website at: http://saveourgirls.org/main.html
And be sure to LIKE their page on Facebook and add you and your daughter’s pic and the Save Our Girls team will pray over the girls posted there. http://www.facebook.com/SaveOurGirls
DO YOU HAVE A DAUGHTER OR SON WE CAN PRAY FOR TODAY?